7 Reasons for Veterans to Relocate to League City, Texas
Texas is one of the most popular states in the country for veterans to use their VA Loan benefits. If you're thinking about buying a home in the Lone Star State, look no further than League City, Texas. A water-loving city not far from Houston, it's been named the No. 1 small city for veterans by Military Times. And when you look a little closer at the city, you can see why. Here are seven reasons we love League City.
- The trail system: You can currently enjoy 20 miles of paved trails throughout League City, but they'll be expanding the trail system to 212 miles. The system would be a great way to get some exercise and get out with the family. And since it connects schools, parks, neighborhoods, and business centers it can become part of your daily commute.
- League City is for the birds: Located on the Great Texas Coastal Birding Trail, you'll be able to see 220 species of birds including the Clear Lake Loop of the Great Texas Coastal Birding Trail features 16 parks where you can see rare and migratory birds, butterflies, and lots of other beautiful flora and fauna.
- Watersports: With easy access to Clear Creek, Clear Lake, and Galveston Bay it's no wonder League City has the third largest boating anchorage in the country. On most days you can find people paddling, windsurfing, sailing, or motor boating on the water.
- Amateur Sports: League City takes its youth sports seriously. As the only community with a revenue stream dedicated to amateur athletics, the town has 16 soccer fields and three golf courses. Its 14 baseball fields are even modeled after the ones in the bigs, including Fenway Park, Yankee Stadium, and Wrigley Field. When they're not in use, the parks are great venues for parties, business meetings, and wedding receptions.
- Good schools: The city's public K-12 schools rank 8 out of 10 according to Great Schools, a nonprofit that provides school information and rankings. If you're planning on using your GI Bill you're also about 25 miles from some great universities and colleges like Rice University, University of Houston, and Texas A&M University-Galveston. Not to mention the nearby community colleges and technical schools, like the College of the Mainland and Lee College.
- Services for Veterans: It won't be a struggle for you to access your VA services with two VA benefits facilities in 75 miles and 10 VA health facilities in 50 miles.
- Home prices: At $204, 6000, the homes here are pretty affordable. That price is slightly lower than the nationwide median price or $284,000 and when you apply for your VA Loan benefits, you can look forward to a low-interest rate and no money down.
So what are you waiting for? Get started in our VA Loan Education Center! Or check out this handy article on VA land loans in Texas to take preliminary steps toward your goals.