Zillow Not Cutting It? Try These Real Estate Apps in 2019
Whether you're in the throes of your latest house-hunting adventure, or you're just a Curious Carla eager to know where your property stands price-wise, there are plenty of free-to-access apps out there to help you get your knowledge fix.
And plenty, we should add, that aren't Zillow.
Sure, Zillow's great and all (what with over 100 million homes accessible through its extensive online database), but surely there must be apps out there that are better tailored to your needs or interests as a prospective home buyer--or seller, as the case may be.
Let's check out a few of the underrecognized, underappreciated, and generally under-praised apps that you should be using to navigate the real estate market in 2019.
The self-professed "Tinder of Real Estate" comes by that moniker honestly: its swipe-left, swipe-right structure is lifted directly from the infamous dating app, and--by gamifying the real estate hunt--makes it that much more enjoyable a process.
Here's what additional features you can expect to enjoy from Doorsteps Swipe:
- An archived list of all your "liked" homes, along with pertinent property details--all organized by location
- Personalized stats (based on that archived list) that give you more insight into your conscious and unconscious preferences as a homebuyer
- Easy sharing features so you can notify your real estate agent, partner, or family of potential leads
Want an even better range of options available through your Doorsteps Swipe account? Include general financial information, such as your estimated annual income and assets, for a more realistic assessment of possible homes.
Homesnap is more than a gimmick--it's taken convenience in personal real estate market research to a whole new level. And the interface couldn't be more intuitive.
Users simply snap a picture of a property that they're interested in learning more about from within the interface, and a host of real-time data points are produced instantly, offering insights on everything from nearby school quality to property lines, price points, and more.
Eager to get to know Homesnap better? Here are a few additional tidbits of information about the Homesnap experience worth noting:
- Built-in messaging and sharing services make communication between interested parties--from parents to partners, and beyond--that much easier
- Access to reliable property data, sourced from public records and local Multiple Listing Services, should make you feel that much more comfortable that the data you're reviewing is trustworthy
With a foreclosure notifier, built-in sharing features, and the ability to book a tour through nearby open houses using the app's Real Estate Agent feature, what's not to like about Redfin?
Here's a quick primer on the additional services you'll enjoy through this app:
- Expect to see super accurate home pricing estimates--theirs may even be more reliable and up-to-date than Zillow's
- If you live in a state where you can sell through RedFin, expect low listing fees (think 1.5%) that mean more money in your pocket at the end of the day
Added bonus: through the app's Hot Homes feature, you'll get to see which properties are more likely to sell in a shorter amount of time, giving you that edge on the competition that you needed to snatch up that beautiful piece of real estate.
Interested in buying or selling a home at auction? Xome may be the app for you, since it features all sorts of property types available for auction, including:
- Short sales
- Luxury properties
- And more!
This is an excellent option for real estate investors seeking to make a quick (and relatively cheap) purchase. With the auction format, you'll be able to pick up a potential property at a lower rate, way before it hits the general marketplace and other would-be buyers start considering it more closely.
Plus, its listings are updated every fifteen minutes, which means there's a consistently replenished well of possibilities from which to choose.
Whether you're an investor, a curious homeowner, or someone who's just starting to dip their toes back into the real estate market, these apps offer plenty of tools to assist with your preliminary research. Get downloading so you can start on your home buying adventure!